Product Pathways - Development
Oct-4 (V241) Antibody #2788
|W||H M (Mk)||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Oct-4 (V241) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Oct-4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Val241 of human Oct-4. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Oct-4 (POU5F1) is a transcription factor highly expressed in undifferentiated embryonic stem cells and embryonic germ cells (1). A network of key factors that includes Oct-4, Nanog, and Sox2 is necessary for the maintenance of pluripotent potential, and downregulation of Oct-4 has been shown to trigger cell differentiation (2,3). Research studies have demonstrated that Oct-4 is a useful germ cell tumor marker (4). Oct-4 exists as two splice variants, Oct-4A and Oct-4B (5). Recent studies have suggested that the Oct-4A isoform has the ability to confer and sustain pluripotency, while Oct-4B may exist in some somatic, non-pluripotent cells (6,7).
- Looijenga, L.H. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 2244-50.
- Pesce, M. and Schöler, H.R. (2001) Stem Cells 19, 271-278.
- Pan, G. and Thomson, J.A. (2007) Cell Res 17, 42-9.
- Cheng, L. et al. (2007) J Pathol 211, 1-9.
- Takeda, J. et al. (1992) Nucleic Acids Res 20, 4613-20.
- Cauffman, G. et al. (2006) Stem Cells 24, 2685-91.
- Lee, J. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 33554-65.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2748 Sox2 Antibody
- 2750 Oct-4 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.