Product Pathways - Metabolism
Adiponectin (C45B10) Rabbit mAb #2789
|W||M R (H)||Endogenous||27||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Adiponectin (C45B10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total adiponectin protein monomer. It will not detect higher molecular weight forms of adiponectin.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human adiponectin.
Adiponectin, also termed AdipoQ, Acrp30, apM1 and GBP28, is an adipokine expressed exclusively in brown and white adipocytes (1). It is secreted into the blood and exists in three major forms: a low molecular weight trimer, a medium molecular weight hexamer and a high molecular weight multimer (1). Adiponectin levels are decreased in obese and insulin-resistant mice and humans (2), suggesting that this adipokine is critical to maintain insulin sensitivity. Adiponectin stimulates the phosphorylation of AMPKα at Thr172 and activates AMPK in skeletal muscle (3). It also stimulates glucose uptake in myocytes (3). The block of AMPK activation by a dominant-negative AMPKα2 isoform inhibits the effect of adiponectin on glucose uptake, indicating that adiponectin stimulates glucose uptake and increases insulin sensitivity through its action on AMPK (3). Adiponectin mutants that are not able to form oligomers larger than trimers have no effect on the AMPK pathway (4). Mutations that render adiponectin unable to form high molecular weight multimers are associated with human diabetes (4), indicating the importance of multimerization for adiponectin activity.
- Kadowaki, T. et al. (2006) J. Clin. Invest. 116, 1784-1792.
- Hu, E. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 10697-10703.
- Yamauchi, T. et al. (2002) Nat. Med. 8, 1288-1295.
- Waki, H. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 40352-40363.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2138 ATGL Antibody
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 2443 PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2430 PPARγ (D69) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.