Product Pathways - DNA Damage
ATR Antibody #2790
|2790S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2790||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey||Endogenous||300||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ATR Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ATR protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to central residues of human ATR. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Ataxia telangiectasia mutated kinase (ATM) and ataxia telangiectasia and Rad3-related kinase (ATR) are PI3 Kinase-related kinase (PIKK) family members that phosphorylate multiple substrates on serine or threonine residues that are followed by a glutamine in response to DNA damage or replication blocks (1-3). Despite the essential role of ATR in cell cycle signaling and DNA repair processes, little is known about its activation. While there have been no published reports of phosphorylation sites on ATR, Cell Signaling Technology has produced an antibody directed against phospho-ATR (Ser428) that demonstrates in vivo and UV-induced phosphorylation of this protein. This reagent could prove to be a valuable tool for monitoring ATR activation. Proline-directed phosphorylation sites like this one are often targeted by CDKs and MAPKs and can often dramatically affect protein conformation (4,5).
- Kastan, M.B. and Lim, D.S. (2000) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 1, 179-186.
- Abraham, R.T. (2004) DNA Repair (Amst) 3, 883-887.
- Shechter, D. et al. (2004) DNA Repair (Amst) 3, 901-908.
- Pinna, L.A. and Ruzzene, M. (1996) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1314, 191-225.
- Zhou, X.Z. et al. (1999) Cell Mol. Life Sci. 56, 788-806.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 9009 Phospho-BRCA1 (Ser1524) Antibody
- 2348 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) (133D3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.