Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Tyrosine Hydroxylase Antibody #2792
|W IF-IC||M R||Endogenous||55-60||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Tyrosine Hydroxylase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total tyrosine hydroxylase.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal sequence of human tyrosine hydroxylase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-N-MC (human), SH-SY5Y (human) and PC12 (rat) cells as well as rat cerebrum and mouse whole brain tissue, using Tyrosine Hydroxylase Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent images of PC-12 cells, untreated (A,C) and calf intestinal phosphatase treated (B), labeled with Phospho-Tyrosine Hydroxylase (Ser40) Antibody #2791 (green, top) and Tyrosine Hydroxylase Antibody #2792 (green, bottom) compared to an isotype control (D). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) catalyzes the rate-limiting step in the synthesis of the neurotransmitter dopamine and other catecholamines. TH functions as a tetramer, with each subunit composed of a regulatory and catalytic domain, and exists in several different isoforms (1,2). This enzyme is required for embryonic development since TH knockout mice die before or at birth (3). Levels of transcription, translation and posttranslational modification regulate TH activity. The amino-terminal regulatory domain contains three serine residues: Ser9, Ser31 and Ser40. Phosphorylation at Ser40 by PKA positively regulates the catalytic activity of TH (4-6). Phosphorylation at Ser31 by CDK5 also increases the catalytic activity of TH through stabilization of TH protein levels (7-9).
- Kumer, S.C. and Vrana, K.E. (1996) J Neurochem 67, 443-62.
- Bodeau-Péan, S. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 3469-75.
- Kobayashi, K. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 27235-43.
- Lew, J.Y. et al. (1999) Mol Pharmacol 55, 202-9.
- Vié, A. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 16788-95.
- Lindgren, N. et al. (2000) J Neurochem 74, 2470-7.
- Moy, L.Y. and Tsai, L.H. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 54487-93.
- Lehmann, I.T. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 17644-51.
- Saraf, A. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 573-80.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2791 Phospho-Tyrosine Hydroxylase (Ser40) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.