Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Survivin (6E4) Mouse mAb #2802
|2802S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2802||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||16||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Survivin (6E4) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of human survivin. The antibody does not cross-react with other types of apoptotic inhibitor proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal sequence of human survivin.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 and HeLa cells, using Survivin (6E4) Mouse mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells 48 hours following mock transfection, transfection with nonspecific (control) siRNA or transfection with Survivin siRNA. Survivin was detected using Survivin (6E4) Monoclonal Antibody #2802 and p42 was detected using p42 MAPK Antibody #9108. The Survivin Antibody confirms silencing of Survivin expression, and the p42 MAPK Antibody is used to control for protein loading and siRNA specificity.
Survivin is a 16 kDa anti-apoptotic protein highly expressed during fetal development and cancer cell malignancy (1). Survivin binds and inhibits caspase-3, controlling the checkpoint in the G2/M-phase of the cell cycle by inhibiting apoptosis and promoting cell division (2,3). This regulatory process requires the phosphorylation of survivin at Thr34 by p34 cdc2 kinase (4). Gene targeting using a Thr34 phosphorylation-defective survivin mutant, as well as antisense survivin, have been shown to inhibit tumor growth (5,6).
- Reed, J.C. and Reed, S.I. (1999) Nature Cell Biol. 1, 199-200.
- Li, F. et al. (1998) Nature 396, 580-584.
- Li, F. et al. (1999) Nat. Cell Biol. 1, 461-466.
- O'Connor, D.S. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 13103-13107.
- Olie, R.A. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 2805-2809.
- Grossman, D. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 635-640.
- May, K.L. et al. (2010) Infect Immun 78, 4691-6. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2808 Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb
- 4952 c-IAP1 Antibody
- 3130 c-IAP2 (58C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2045 XIAP (3B6) Rabbit mAb
- 2042 XIAP Antibody
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9662 Caspase-3 Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.