Product Pathways - Metabolism
Hexokinase I Antibody #2804
|W||H Mk (B)||Endogenous||102||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Hexokinase I Antibody detects endogenous levels of total hexokinase I protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human hexokinase I. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Hexokinase catalyzes the conversion of glucose to glucose-6-phosphate, the first step in glycolysis. Four distinct mammalian hexokinase isoforms, designated as hexokinase I, II, III, and IV (glucokinase), have been identified. Hexokinases I, II, and III are associated with the outer mitochondrial membrane and are critical for maintaining an elevated rate of aerobic glycolysis in cancer cells (Warburg Effect) (1) in order to compensate for the increased energy demands associated with rapid cell growth and proliferation (2,3).
- Warburg, O. (1956) Science 123, 309-314.
- Semenza, G.L. (2000) Crit. Rev. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 35, 71-103.
- Smith, T.A. (2000) Br. J. Biomed. Sci. 57, 170-178.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.