Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
WAVE-3 Antibody #2806
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||65-70||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
WAVE-3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total WAVE-3 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with WAVE-1 or WAVE-2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the central sequence of human WAVE-3. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome proteins (WASPs) mediate actin dynamics by activating the Arp2/3 actin nucleation complex in response to activated Rho family GTPases. In mammals, five WASP family members have been described. Hematopoietic WASP and ubiquitously expressed N-WASP are autoinhibited in unstimulated cells. Upon stimulation they are activated by cdc42, which relieves the autoinhibition in conjunction with phosphatidyl inositol 4,5-bisphosphate. Three WAVE (Wasf, SCAR) family proteins are similar in sequence to WASP and N-WASP but lack the WASP/N-WASP autoinhibition domains and are indirectly activated by Rac (reviewed in 1). Both WASP and WAVE functions appear to be essential, as knockout of either N-WASP or Scar-2 in mice results in cardiac and neuronal defects and embryonic lethality (2,3). Loss of WASP results in immune system defects and fewer immune cells (4). WAVE-2 (WASF2) is widely distributed, while WAVE-1 and WAVE-3 are strongly expressed in brain (5). WAVE-3 may act as a tumor suppressor in neuroblastoma, a childhood disease of the sympathetic nervous system (6). Increased expression of WAVE-3 is seen in breast cancer, and studies in breast adenocarcinoma cells indicate that WAVE-3 regulates breast cancer progression, invasion and metastasis through the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway (7,8).
- Millard, T.H. et al. (2004) Biochem J. 380, 1-17.
- Yan, C. et al. (2003) EMBO J. 22, 3602-3612.
- Snapper, S.B. et al. (2001) Nat. Cell Biol. 3, 897-904.
- Zhang, J. et al. (1999) J. Exp. Med. 190, 1329-4132.
- Suetsugu, S. et al. (1999) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 260, 296-302.
- Sossey-Alaoui, K. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 5967-5974.
- Sossey-Alaoui, K. et al. (2005) Exp. Cell Res. 308, 135-145.
- Sossey-Alaoui, K. et al. (2007) Am J Pathol 170, 2112-21.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4848 N-WASP (30D10) Rabbit mAb
- 4860 WASP Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.