Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #2810
|IF-IC F||H M R||Endogenous||16||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Survivin (71G4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total survivin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Cys60 of human survivin. The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions with an F/P ratio of 2-5.
Flow cytometric analysis of untreated (green) and etoposide treated (blue) Jurkat cells, using Survivin (71G4) (Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugate) Rabbit mAb showing a decrease in survivin expression in apoptotic cells.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 fluorescent dye and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry and immunofluorescent analysis in human cells.The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb #2808.
Survivin is a 16 kDa anti-apoptotic protein highly expressed during fetal development and cancer cell malignancy (1). Survivin binds and inhibits caspase-3, controlling the checkpoint in the G2/M-phase of the cell cycle by inhibiting apoptosis and promoting cell division (2,3). This regulatory process requires the phosphorylation of survivin at Thr34 by p34 cdc2 kinase (4). Gene targeting using a Thr34 phosphorylation-defective survivin mutant, as well as antisense survivin, have been shown to inhibit tumor growth (5,6).
- Reed, J.C. and Reed, S.I. (1999) Nature Cell Biol. 1, 199-200.
- Li, F. et al. (1998) Nature 396, 580-584.
- Li, F. et al. (1999) Nat. Cell Biol. 1, 461-466.
- O'Connor, D.S. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 13103-13107.
- Olie, R.A. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 2805-2809.
- Grossman, D. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 635-640.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2975 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 2866 Survivin (71G4B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 1037 Survivin Blocking Peptide
- 6351 SignalSilence® Survivin siRNA I
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.