Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
RecQ4 Antibody #2814
|W||H R (Mk)||Endogenous||150||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RecQ4 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total RecQ4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids near the amino terminus of human RecQ4. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
RECQL4 is a member of the RecQ family of DNA helicases that plays an important role in global genomic stability. There are five members of this family in humans, and mutations in three of these, BLM, WRN and RECQL4, give rise to disorders that are characterized by premature aging and a predisposition to cancer (1). Despite the presence of a helicase domain, no helicase activity has been reported for RECQL4. Rather, RECQL4 has an ATPase function that is stimulated by ssDNA, and a ssDNA annealing activity that is inhibited by RPA (2). RECQL4 has been reported to interact with ubiquitin ligases UBR1 and UBR2 (3). The role of RECQL4 in tumor suppression and the maintenance of genomic integrity has been attributed to it’s activities associated with the regulation of DNA replication, and DNA recombination and repair (4-6).Mutations in the RECQL4 gene have been identified in a subset of patients with Rothmund-Thomson syndrome (RTS) - a disorder characterized by growth deficiency, skin and skeletal abnormalities, and cancer predisposition. Two more autosomal recessive disorders have been associated with RECQL4 gene mutations: RAPADILINO, and Baller-Gerold syndromes (4).
- Hanada, K. and Hickson, I.D. (2007) Cell Mol Life Sci.
- Macris, M.A. et al. (2006) DNA Repair (Amst) 5, 172-80.
- Yin, J. et al. (2004) Hum Mol Genet 13, 2421-30.
- Dietschy, T. et al. (2007) Cell Mol Life Sci 64, 796-802.
- LeRoy, G. et al. (2005) Nucleic Acids Res 33, 6251-7.
- Sengupta, S. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 1738-48.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2742 BLM Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.