Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MLK3 Antibody #2817
|W||H M R Hm Mk||Endogenous||92||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MLK3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MLK3 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MLK1, MLK2 and other mixed lineage kinases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human MLK3. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Mixed lineage kinase 3 (MLK3) is a serine/threonine kinase that has an amino-terminal SH3 domain followed by the kinase domain and two leucine zippers, a cdc42/Rac1 binding (CRIB) domain and several other domains/motifs at the carboxy-terminal region. CRIB triggers the dimerization of MLK3 via its tandem leucine zippers, followed by the intramolecular phosphorylation and subsequent activation of MLK3 (1,2). Autophosphorylation of Thr277 and Ser281 is essential for MLK3 kinase activity (3). Ser281 is also phosphorylated by HPK in an in vitro kinase assay (3). MLK3 functions as a MAPKKK of the SAPK/JNK stress pathway by directly phosphorylating SEK1/MKK4 and MKK7, although it is controversial whether MLK3 is involved in p38 stress pathway activation (1,4). MLK3 also functions as an IκB kinase and mediates the activation of the transcriptional factor NF-κB stimulated by CD3/CD28, suggesting a role for MLK3 in immune and inflammatory responses (5).
- Teramoto, H. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 27225-27228.
- Leung, I. W. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 32408-32415.
- Leung, I.W. and Lassam, N. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 1961-1967.
- Tibbles, L. A. et al. (1996) EMBO J. 15, 7026-7035.
- Hehner, S. P. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 2556-2568.
- Ben-Ami, I. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 31022-31. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4171 Phospho-MKK7 (Ser271/Thr275) Antibody
- 4172 MKK7 Antibody
- 9151 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Thr261) Antibody
- 9211 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody
- 9212 p38 MAPK Antibody
- 9216 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb
- 9250 PhosphoPlus® SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody Kit
- 9251 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody
- 9252 SAPK/JNK Antibody
- 9255 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (G9) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.