Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
cPLA2 Antibody #2832
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||95||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
cPLA2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total cPLA2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with the secreted PLA2 (sPLA2) or cytosolic Ca2+ independent PLA2 (iPLA2).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminal residues of human cPLA2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated or TNF-α-treated (10 ng/ml for 15 minutes), and NIH/3T3 and COS cells, using Phospho-cPLA2 (Ser505) Antibody #2831 (upper) or cPLA2 Antibody (lower).
Cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) is a ubiquitously distributed enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of the sn-2 acyl bond of glycerolipids to produce lysophospholipids and release arachidonic acid (1). cPLA2 has been implicated in diverse cellular responses such as mitogenesis, differentiation, inflammation and cytotoxicity (1). Calcium binding to the amino-terminal CalB domain of cPLA2 promotes the translocation of cPLA2 from cytosol to membrane, where cPLA2 cleaves arachidonic acid from natural membrane (2). Phosphorylation of cPLA2 by MAPK (p42/44 and p38) at Ser505 (3,4) and Ser727 (5) stimulates its catalytic activity.
- Leslie, C.C. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 16709-16712.
- Clark, J. D. et al. (1991) Cell 65, 1043-1051.
- Lin, L. L. et al. (1993) Cell 72, 269-278.
- Kramer, R.M. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 27723-27729.
- Hefner, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 37542-37551.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2831 Phospho-cPLA2 (Ser505) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.