Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb #2840
|2840S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2840P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2840||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||45||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Oct-4A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the amino terminus of human Oct-4A.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NTERA2 and mouse embryonic stem cells (mESCs) using Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells (blue) and NCCIT cells (green) using Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of NTERA2 (left) and mouse embryonic stem cells growing on mouse embryonic fibroblast (MEF) feeder cells (right) using Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Oct-4 (POU5F1) is a transcription factor highly expressed in undifferentiated embryonic stem cells and embryonic germ cells (1). A network of key factors that includes Oct-4, Nanog, and Sox2 is necessary for the maintenance of pluripotent potential, and downregulation of Oct-4 has been shown to trigger cell differentiation (2,3). Research studies have demonstrated that Oct-4 is a useful germ cell tumor marker (4). Oct-4 exists as two splice variants, Oct-4A and Oct-4B (5). Recent studies have suggested that the Oct-4A isoform has the ability to confer and sustain pluripotency, while Oct-4B may exist in some somatic, non-pluripotent cells (6,7).
- Looijenga, L.H. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 2244-50.
- Pesce, M. and Schöler, H.R. (2001) Stem Cells 19, 271-278.
- Pan, G. and Thomson, J.A. (2007) Cell Res 17, 42-9.
- Cheng, L. et al. (2007) J Pathol 211, 1-9.
- Takeda, J. et al. (1992) Nucleic Acids Res 20, 4613-20.
- Cauffman, G. et al. (2006) Stem Cells 24, 2685-91.
- Lee, J. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 33554-65.
- Kregel, S. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e53701. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2890 Oct-4A (C52G3) Rabbit mAb
- 2748 Sox2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.