Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-C/EBPα (Ser21) Antibody #2841
|2841S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2841||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-C/EBPα (Ser21) Antibody detects endogenous levels of C/EBPα only when phosphorylated at serine 21. This antibody does not cross-react with other phosphorylated C/EBP isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser21 of human C/EBPα. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts of COS cells untransfected (lane 1), or transfected with wild-type mouse C/EBPalpha (lane 2), S21A (lane 3), and S21D (lane 4) mutants, using Phospho-C/EBPalpha (Ser21) Antibody (upper) or C/EBPalpha Antibody (lower). (Provided by Dr. Hanna Radomska, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA).
CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins (C/EBPs) are a family of transcription factors that are critical for cellular differentiation, terminal function, and inflammatory response (1). Six members of the family have been characterized (C/EBPα, β, δ, γ, ε, and ζ) and are distributed in a variety of tissues (1). Translation from alternative start codons results in two isoforms of C/EBPα (p42 and p30), which are both strong transcriptional activators (2). It has been reported that insulin and insulin-like growth factor-I stimulate the dephosphorylation of C/EBPα, which may play a key role in insulin-induced repression of GLUT4 transcription (3). Phosphorylation of C/EBPα at Thr222, Thr226, and Ser230 by GSK-3 seems to be required for adipogenesis (4).
- Lekstrom-Hims, J. and Xanthopoulos, K.G. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 28545-28548.
- Lin, F. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90, 9606-9610.
- Hemati, N. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 25913-25919.
- Ross, S.E. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 8433-8441.
- Radomska, H.S. et al. (2006) J Exp Med 203, 371-81.
- Radomska, H.S. et al. (2012) J Clin Invest 122, 2955-66. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Radomska, H.S. et al. (2006) J Exp Med 203, 371-81. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ross, S. E. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell. Biol. 24, 675-686. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2843 C/EBPalpha (p42) Antibody
- 2295 C/EBPα Antibody
- 3084 Phospho-C/EBPβ (Thr235) Antibody
- 2844 Phospho-C/EBPα (Thr222/226) Antibody
- 3082 C/EBPbeta Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3081 Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 2318 C/EBPδ Antibody
- 3087 C/EBPβ (LAP) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.