Product Pathways - Metabolism
C/EBPalpha (p42) Antibody #2843
|W||H (M) (R)||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
C/EBPalpha (p42) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total p42 C/EBPalpha protein but not p30 C/EBPalpha.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal sequence of human C/EBPalpha. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins (C/EBPs) are a family of transcription factors that are critical for cellular differentiation, terminal function, and inflammatory response (1). Six members of the family have been characterized (C/EBPα, β, δ, γ, ε, and ζ) and are distributed in a variety of tissues (1). Translation from alternative start codons results in two isoforms of C/EBPα (p42 and p30), which are both strong transcriptional activators (2). It has been reported that insulin and insulin-like growth factor-I stimulate the dephosphorylation of C/EBPα, which may play a key role in insulin-induced repression of GLUT4 transcription (3). Phosphorylation of C/EBPα at Thr222, Thr226, and Ser230 by GSK-3 seems to be required for adipogenesis (4).
- Lekstrom-Hims, J. and Xanthopoulos, K.G. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 28545-28548.
- Lin, F. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90, 9606-9610.
- Hemati, N. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 25913-25919.
- Ross, S.E. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 8433-8441.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2841 Phospho-C/EBPalpha (Ser21) Antibody
- 2844 Phospho-C/EBPalpha (Thr222/226) Antibody
- 3087 C/EBPβ (LAP) Antibody
- 3082 C/EBPbeta Antibody
- 3081 Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 3084 Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Thr235) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.