Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-C/EBPalpha (Thr222/226) Antibody #2844
|W||H M (R)||Endogenous||30, 42, 45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-C/EBPalpha (Thr222/226) Antibody detects endogenous levels of C/EBPalpha only when phosphorylated at threonine 222 and 226. This antibody does not cross-react with other phosphorylated C/EBP isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr222/226 of mouse C/EBPalpha. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from U937 cells treated with either LiCl or NaCl for the indicated times, using Phopho-C/EBPalpha (Thr222/226) Antibody (upper) and C/EBPalpha antibody (lower). C/EBPalpha phosphorylation at Thr222/226 is abolished by the specific GSK3 inhibitor LiCl, but not by NaCl, indicating that phosphorylation at these sites are depends on GSK3 kinase.
CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins (C/EBPs) are a family of transcription factors that are critical for cellular differentiation, terminal function, and inflammatory response (1). Six members of the family have been characterized (C/EBPα, β, δ, γ, ε, and ζ) and are distributed in a variety of tissues (1). Translation from alternative start codons results in two isoforms of C/EBPα (p42 and p30), which are both strong transcriptional activators (2). It has been reported that insulin and insulin-like growth factor-I stimulate the dephosphorylation of C/EBPα, which may play a key role in insulin-induced repression of GLUT4 transcription (3). Phosphorylation of C/EBPα at Thr222, Thr226, and Ser230 by GSK-3 seems to be required for adipogenesis (4).
- Lekstrom-Hims, J. and Xanthopoulos, K.G. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 28545-28548.
- Lin, F. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90, 9606-9610.
- Hemati, N. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 25913-25919.
- Ross, S.E. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 8433-8441.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2843 C/EBPalpha (p42) Antibody
- 2295 C/EBPα Antibody
- 2841 Phospho-C/EBPalpha (Ser21) Antibody
- 3084 Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Thr235) Antibody
- 9331 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 2318 C/EBPδ Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.