Product Pathways - Translational Control
4E-BP2 Antibody #2845
|W IP IHC-P F||H M R Mk B||Endogenous||15 to 20||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
4E-BP2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total 4E-BP2, independent of phosphorylation. This antibody does not cross-react significantly with 4E-BP1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxy-terminus of human 4E-BP2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A673 cells, untreated or nocodazole-treated (100 ng/ml, 16 hrs), using 4E-BP2 Antibody (upper) or 4E-BP1 Antibody #9452 (lower). Extracts were treated with lambda phosphatase NEB#P0753 (10,000 U/ml for 1 hour) to dephosphorylate both proteins.
Western blot analysis of bacterially expressed GST-4E-BP1 and of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, using 4E-BP2 Antibody and 4E-BP1 Antibody #9452.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic and nuclear localization, using 4E-BP2 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using 4E-BP2 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human follicular carcinoma (thyroid), using 4E-BP2 Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells, using 4E-BP2 Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecifc negative control antibody (red).
Translation repressor protein 4E-BP1 (also known as PHAS-1) inhibits cap-dependent translation by binding to the translation initiation factor eIF4E. Hyperphosphorylation of 4E-BP1 disrupts this interaction and results in activation of cap-dependent translation (1). Both the PI3 kinase/Akt pathway and FRAP/mTOR kinase regulate 4E-BP1 activity (2,3). Multiple 4E-BP1 residues are phosphorylated in vivo (4). While phosphorylation by FRAP/mTOR at Thr37 and Thr46 does not prevent the binding of 4E-BP1 to eIF4E, it is thought to prime 4E-BP1 for subsequent phosphorylation at Ser65 and Thr70 (5).
4E-BP2 and 4E-BP3 share high sequence homology with 4E-BP1, including conservation of the major FRAP/mTOR-dependent phosphorylation sites. Preliminary data suggests that phosphorylation of 4E-BP2 is regulated in a similar manner to that of 4E-BP1, although phosphorylation of this protein has not been as extensively studied (6).
- Pause, A. et al. (1994) Nature 371, 762-767.
- Brunn, G.J. et al. (1997) Science 277, 99-101.
- Gingras, A.C. et al. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 502-513.
- Fadden, P. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 10240-10247.
- Gingras, A.C. et al. (1999) Genes Dev. 13, 1422-1437.
- Lin, T.A. and Lawrence, Jr, J.C. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 30199-30204.
- Fuchs, G. et al. (2011) J Mol Biol 410, 118-30. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2855 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 9459 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody
- 9456 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) (174A9) Rabbit mAb
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 7216 PathScan® Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/Thr46) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.