Product Pathways - DNA Damage
MSH2 (3A2) Mouse mAb #2850
|2850S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2850||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
MSH2 (3A2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total MSH2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human MSH2.
Western blot analysis of extracts of HeLa and OVCAR3 cells using MSH2 (3A2) Mouse mAb.
The DNA mismatch repair system (MMR) repairs post-replication DNA, inhibits recombination between non-identical DNA sequences and induces both checkpoint and apoptotic responses following certain types of DNA damage (1). MSH2 (MutS homologue 2) forms the hMutS-α dimer with MSH6 and is an essential component of the mismatch repair process. hMutS-α is part of the BRCA1-associated surveillance complex (BASC), a complex that also contains BRCA1, MLH1, ATM, BLM, PMS2 proteins and the Rad50-Mre11-NBS1 complex (2).
Mutations in MSH2 have been found in a large proportion of hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer (Lynch Syndrome), the most common form of inherited colorectal cancer in the Western world (3). Mutations have also been associated with other sporadic tumors.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2873 ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 9009 Phospho-BRCA1 (Ser1524) Antibody
- 9010 BRCA1 Antibody
- 2742 BLM Antibody
- 3001 Phospho-p95/NBS1 (Ser343) Antibody
- 3002 p95/NBS1 Antibody
- 3427 Rad50 Antibody
- 4847 Mre11 (31H4) Rabbit mAb
- 2586 PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.