Product Pathways - DNA Damage
XLF Antibody #2854
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
XLF Antibody detects endogenous levels of total XLF protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human XLF. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Double stranded DNA breaks (DSB’s) are the most toxic of DNA lesions. They occur in response to genotoxic stress, and they are also an obligate intermediate in the V(D)J recombination events in the immune system. The mechanism by which cells deal with DSB’s is known as NHEJ (non-homologous end-joining), and involves a core group of proteins that includes Ku, DNA-PK, XRCC4, and XLF (1). XLF, also known as Cernunnos, was originally discovered as a mutated protein from cells of individuals who displayed features of growth retardation, microcephaly, and immunodeficiency (2). These cells were sensitive to ionizing radiation and defective in V(D)J recombination. Exogenous expression of wild type XLF corrected these deficiencies (3), indicating that XLF is a critical component of the NHEJ response. XLF physically interacts with and may stimulate the ligase activity of XRCC4 (3).
- Tsai, C.J. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104, 7851-6.
- Buck, D. et al. (2006) Cell 124, 287-99.
- Ahnesorg, P. et al. (2006) Cell 124, 301-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4602 DNA-PK Antibody
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 2873 ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.