Product Pathways - Phosphatases
Phospho-DUSP1/MKP1 (Ser359) (125E2) Rabbit mAb #2857
|W IP||H||Endogenous||40||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-DUSP1/MKP1 (Ser359) (125E2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of DUSP1 only when phosphorylated at serine 359.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser359 of human DUSP1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, treated with λ Phosphatase or ALLN, using Phospho-DUSP1/MKP1 (Ser359) (125E2) Rabbit mAb.
MAP kinases are inactivated by a family of dual-specificity protein phosphatases (DUSP) that differ in their substrate specificity, tissue distribution, inducibility by extracellular stimuli and cellular localization. DUSP1/MKP1 (MAP Kinase phosphatase 1) is primarily localized in the nucleus, and has broad substrate specificity towards p44/42 MAPK, p38 MAPK and SAPK/JNK (1-3). DUSP1's transcription and activity are tightly regulated. First, DUSP1 is transcriptionally induced through p44/42 MAPK, p53 and Jak2 (2,4,5). Second, DUSP1 is phosphorylated by p44/42 MAPK at Ser359 and Ser364 in its carboxy-terminal region, which inhibits DUSP1 degradation through the ubiquitin pathway (6).
- Sun, H. et al. (1993) Cell 75, 487-93.
- Brondello, J.M. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 1368-76.
- Franklin, C.C. and Kraft, A.S. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 16917-23.
- Li, M. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 41059-68.
- Sandberg, E.M. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 1956-67.
- Brondello, J.M. et al. (1999) Science 286, 2514-7.
- Lee, W.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21577-87. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9101 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 4376 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (20G11) Rabbit mAb
- 4377 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (197G2) Rabbit mAb
- 4695 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (137F5) Rabbit mAb
- 4696 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (L34F12) Mouse mAb
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.