Product Pathways - Phosphatases
Phospho-DUSP1/MKP1 (Ser359) (125E2) Rabbit mAb #2857
|2857S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2857||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-DUSP1/MKP1 (Ser359) (125E2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of DUSP1 only when phosphorylated at serine 359.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser359 of human DUSP1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, treated with λ Phosphatase or ALLN, using Phospho-DUSP1/MKP1 (Ser359) (125E2) Rabbit mAb.
MAP kinases are inactivated by a family of dual-specificity protein phosphatases (DUSP) that differ in their substrate specificity, tissue distribution, inducibility by extracellular stimuli and cellular localization. DUSP1/MKP1 (MAP Kinase phosphatase 1) is primarily localized in the nucleus, and has broad substrate specificity towards p44/42 MAPK, p38 MAPK and SAPK/JNK (1-3). DUSP1's transcription and activity are tightly regulated. First, DUSP1 is transcriptionally induced through p44/42 MAPK, p53 and Jak2 (2,4,5). Second, DUSP1 is phosphorylated by p44/42 MAPK at Ser359 and Ser364 in its carboxy-terminal region, which inhibits DUSP1 degradation through the ubiquitin pathway (6).
- Sun, H. et al. (1993) Cell 75, 487-93.
- Brondello, J.M. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 1368-76.
- Franklin, C.C. and Kraft, A.S. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 16917-23.
- Li, M. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 41059-68.
- Sandberg, E.M. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 1956-67.
- Brondello, J.M. et al. (1999) Science 286, 2514-7.
- Lee, W.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21577-87. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9101 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 4376 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (20G11) Rabbit mAb
- 4377 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (197G2) Rabbit mAb
- 4695 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (137F5) Rabbit mAb
- 4696 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (L34F12) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.