Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) (14D4) Rabbit mAb #2859
|W IP||H M R Mk (C) (B) (Dg) (Pg) (GP)||Endogenous||40||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey C=Chicken B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig GP=Guinea Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) (14D4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of IκBα only when phosphorylated at Ser32.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser32 of human IκBα.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Activation occurs via phosphorylation of IκBα at Ser32 and Ser36 followed by proteasome-mediated degradation that results in the release and nuclear translocation of active NF-κB (3-7). IκBα phosphorylation and resulting Rel-dependent transcription are activated by a highly diverse group of extracellular signals including inflammatory cytokines, growth factors, and chemokines. Kinases that phosphorylate IκB at these activating sites have been identified (8).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Karin, M. and Ben-Neriah, Y. (2000) Annu Rev Immunol 18, 621-63.
- Shembade, N. et al. (2007) J Virol 81, 13735-42. Applications: Western Blotting
- Yang, Y.J. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 32110-8. Applications: Western Blotting
- Taura, M. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 6557-67. Applications: Western Blotting
- Wang, H. et al. (2009) J Immunol 183, 4755-63. Applications: IHC-F (floating)
- Xie, S. et al. (2010) J Immunol 184, 2289-96. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9242 IκBα Antibody
- 9243 NF-κB Control Cell Extracts
- 9246 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb
- 9247 IκBα (112B2) Mouse mAb (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 4812 IκBα (44D4) Rabbit mAb
- 4814 IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.