Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
c-Abl Antibody #2862
|2862S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2862P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2862||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||135 (c-Abl); 210 (Bcr-Abl)||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
c-Abl Antibody detects endogenous levels of Abl proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence close to the carboxy-terminus of human c-Abl. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The c-Abl proto-oncogene encodes a nonreceptor protein tyrosine kinase that is ubiquitously expressed and highly conserved in metazoan evolution. c-Abl protein is distributed in both the nucleus and the cytoplasm of cells. It is implicated in regulating cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, cell adhesion, and stress responses (1-3). c-Abl kinase activity is increased in vivo by diverse physiological stimuli including integrin activation; PDGF stimulation; and binding to c-Jun, Nck, and RFX1 (2,4). The in vivo mechanism for regulation of c-Abl kinase activity is not completely understood. Tyr245 is located in the linker region between the SH2 and catalytic domains. This positioning is conserved among Abl family members. Phosphorylation at Tyr245 is involved in the activation of c-Abl kinase (5). In addition, phosphorylation at Tyr412, which is located in the kinase activation loop of c-Abl, is required for kinase activity (6).
- Wang, J.Y. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5643-5650.
- Van Etten, R.A. et al. (1999) Trends Cell. Biol. 9, 179-182.
- Danial, N.N. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 2523-2531.
- Shaul, Y. et al. (2000) Cell Death Differ. 7, 10-16.
- Brasher, B.B. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 35631-35637.
- Pluk, H. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 247-259.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2865 Phospho-c-Abl (Tyr412) (247C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2868 Phospho-c-Abl (Tyr245) (73E5) Rabbit mAb
- 3009 Phospho-c-Abl (Tyr204) (C42B5) Rabbit mAb
- 2861 Phospho-c-Abl (Tyr245) Antibody
- 2864 Phospho-c-Abl (Thr735) Antibody
- 3098 Phospho-c-Abl (Tyr89) (61A6) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.