Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-c-Abl (Thr735) Antibody #2864
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-c-Abl (Thr735) Antibody detects endogenous levels of c-Abl or Bcr-Abl only when phosphorylated at threonine 735. The antibody does not cross-react with other related proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr735 of human c-Abl. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The c-Abl proto-oncogene encodes a nonreceptor protein tyrosine kinase that is ubiquitously expressed and highly conserved in metazoan evolution. c-Abl protein is distributed in both the nucleus and the cytoplasm of cells. It is implicated in regulating cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, cell adhesion, and stress responses (1-3). c-Abl kinase activity is increased in vivo by diverse physiological stimuli including integrin activation; PDGF stimulation; and binding to c-Jun, Nck, and RFX1 (2,4). The in vivo mechanism for regulation of c-Abl kinase activity is not completely understood. Tyr245 is located in the linker region between the SH2 and catalytic domains. This positioning is conserved among Abl family members. Phosphorylation at Tyr245 is involved in the activation of c-Abl kinase (5). In addition, phosphorylation at Tyr412, which is located in the kinase activation loop of c-Abl, is required for kinase activity (6).
Thr735 is located within a conserved 14-3-3 protein binding motif region, and can be phosphorylated upon stress stimulation or TPA treatment. Phosphorylation at Thr735 may play an important role in regulating c-Abl localization as well as its function.
- Wang, J.Y. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5643-5650.
- Van Etten, R.A. et al. (1999) Trends Cell. Biol. 9, 179-182.
- Danial, N.N. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 2523-2531.
- Shaul, Y. et al. (2000) Cell Death Differ. 7, 10-16.
- Brasher, B.B. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 35631-35637.
- Pluk, H. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 247-259.
- Raina, D. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 3774-83. Applications: Western Blotting
- Yoshida, K. et al. (2005) Nat Cell Biol 7, 278-85. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2865 Phospho-c-Abl (Tyr412) (247C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2868 Phospho-c-Abl (Tyr245) (73E5) Rabbit mAb
- 3009 Phospho-c-Abl (Tyr204) (C42B5) Rabbit mAb
- 2861 Phospho-c-Abl (Tyr245) Antibody
- 2862 c-Abl Antibody
- 3098 Phospho-c-Abl (Tyr89) (61A6) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.