Product Pathways - Metabolism
Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb #2867
|2867S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2867||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||102||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total hexokinase II protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb #2867 (green) and MitoTracker® Red CMXRos, which stains mitochondria, demonstrating colocalization. Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Hexokinase catalyzes the conversion of glucose to glucose-6-phosphate, the first step in glycolysis. Four distinct mammalian hexokinase isoforms, designated as hexokinase I, II, III, and IV (glucokinase), have been identified. Hexokinases I, II, and III are associated with the outer mitochondrial membrane and are critical for maintaining an elevated rate of aerobic glycolysis in cancer cells (Warburg Effect) (1) in order to compensate for the increased energy demands associated with rapid cell growth and proliferation (2,3).
- Shackelford, D.B. et al. (2009) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106, 11137-42. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3893 Glycogen Synthase Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
MitoTracker® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.