Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Syntaxin 6 (C34B2) Rabbit mAb #2869
|W IP IF-IC||H M R||Endogenous||32||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Syntaxin 6 (C34B2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total syntaxin 6 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr140 of mouse syntaxin 6 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Syntaxin 6 (C34B2) Rabbit mAb.
Syntaxin 6 is a ubiquitously expressed S25C family member of the SNARE proteins (1,2). The protein has an amino-terminal H1 domain followed by an H2 SNARE domain and a carboxy-terminal membrane anchor (3). Syntaxin 6 protein is localized to the trans-Golgi and within endosomes and regulates membrane trafficking by partnering with a variety of other SNARE proteins (3-5). Depending on cell type and SNARE parter, syntaxin 6 is involved in the regulation of GLUT4 trafficking, neutrophil exocytosis and granule secretion (6-10).
- Bock, J.B. et al. (2001) Nature 409, 839-841.
- Bock, J.B. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 17961-17965.
- Wendler, F. and Tooze, S. (2001) Traffic 2, 606-611.
- Bock, J.B. et al. (1997) Mol. Biol. Cell 8, 1261-1271.
- Mallard, F. et al. (2002) J. Cell Biol. 156, 653-664.
- Perera, H.K. et al. (2003) Mol. Biol. Cell 14, 2946-2958.
- Shewan, A.M. et al. (2003) Mol. Biol. Cell 14, 973-986.
- Martín-Martín, B. et al. (2000) Blood 96, 2574-25783.
- Wendler, F. et al. (2001) Mol. Biol. Cell 12, 1699-1709.
- Kuliawat, R. et al. (2004) Mol. Biol. Cell 15, 1690-1701.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.