Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb #2870
|W IP||H M R (Mk) (C) (B) (Dg)||Endogenous||26||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey C=Chicken B=Bovine Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Bcl-2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other Bcl-2 family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxy terminus of Bcl-2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-), SignalSilence® Bcl-2 siRNA I (+) or SignalSilence® Bcl-2 siRNA II #6516 (+), using Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb #2870 confirms silencing of Bcl-2 expression, while the α-tubulin (11H10) rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of Bcl-2 siRNA.
Bcl-2 exerts a survival function in response to a wide range of apoptotic stimuli through inhibition of mitochondrial cytochrome c release (1). It has been implicated in modulating mitochondrial calcium homeostasis and proton flux (2). Several phosphorylation sites have been identified within Bcl-2 including Thr56, Ser70, Thr74, and Ser87 (3). It has been suggested that these phosphorylation sites may be targets of the ASK1/MKK7/JNK1 pathway and that phosphorylation of Bcl-2 may be a marker for mitotic events (4,5). Mutation of Bcl-2 at Thr56 or Ser87 inhibits its anti-apoptotic activity during glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of T lymphocytes (6). Interleukin-3 and JNK-induced Bcl-2 phosphorylation at Ser70 may be required for its enhanced anti-apoptotic functions (7).
- Murphy, K.M. et al. (2000) Cell Death Differ 7, 102-11.
- Zhu, L. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 33267-73.
- Maundrell, K. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 25238-42.
- Yamamoto, K. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 8469-78.
- Ling, Y.H. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 18984-91.
- Huang, S.T. and Cidlowski, J.A. (2002) FASEB J 16, 825-32.
- Deng, X. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 23681-8.
- Roca, H. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 34342-54. Applications: Western Blotting
- Xiang, X. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e14640. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4223 Bcl-2 (D55G8) Rabbit mAb (Human Specific)
- 3498 Bcl-2 (D17C4) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Preferred)
- 2827 Phospho-Bcl-2 (Ser70) (5H2) Rabbit mAb
- 2875 Phospho-Bcl-2 (Thr56) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9941 Pro-Survival Bcl-2 Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9942 Pro-Apoptosis Bcl-2 Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 6441 SignalSilence® Bcl-2 siRNA I
- 6516 SignalSilence® Bcl-2 siRNA II
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.