Product Pathways - DNA Damage
ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb #2873
|W||H M||Endogenous||350||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total ATM protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human ATM.
Ataxia telangiectasia mutated kinase (ATM) is a serine/threonine kinase that regulates cell cycle checkpoints and DNA repair (1). Activation of ATM by autophosphorylation on Ser1981 occurs in response to exposed DNA double stranded breaks. ATM kinase regulates a number of proteins involved in cell cycle checkpoint control, apoptosis, and DNA repair. Known substrates include p53, Chk2, Chk1, CtIP, 4E-BP1, BRCA1, RPA3, H2A.X, SMC1, FANCD2, Rad17, Artemis, Nbs1, and the I-2 regulatory subunit of PP1 (1,2). Mutations in the corresponding ATM gene result in ataxia telangiectasia (AT), an autosomal recessive disease characterized by uncoordinated muscle movement and neurodegeneration. Cells from AT patients display defective DNA damage-induced checkpoint activation, sensitivity to radiation, and a higher frequency of chromosome breakage (3,4).
- Lee, J.H. and Paull, T.T. (2007) Oncogene 26, 7741-8.
- Tang, X. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 2559-66.
- Shiloh, Y. (1997) Annu Rev Genet 31, 635-62.
- Petrini, J.H. (2000) Curr Opin Cell Biol 12, 293-6.
- Zhu, H. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e12055. Applications: Western Blotting
- Hawkes, W.C. et al. (2012) J Cell Biochem 113, 61-9. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 2909 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate (4F7) Rabbit mAb
- 2790 ATR Antibody
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 2661 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.