Product Pathways - Neuroscience
FE65 Antibody #2877
|W||M R (H)||Endogenous||100||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FE65 Antibody detects endogenous levels of FE65. It does not cross-react with FE65L1 or FE65L2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human FE65. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from wild type (WT), FE65 knock-out (65KO), FE65L1 knock-out (L1KO) and FE65/FE65L1 double knock-out (DKO) mouse brain lysates, using FE65 Antibody. (Kindly provided by Dr. Suzanne Guénette, MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Charlestown, Massachusetts).
FE65, FE65L1 and FE65L2 are members of the FE65 protein family. FE65 is an adaptor protein with protein-protein interaction domains including a WW domain followed by two phosphotyrosine interaction domains (PID1 and PID2) (1). Amyloid beta precursor protein (APP) binds to PID2 and undergoes sequential cleavage. First alpha-/beta secretases cleave and release the ectodomain into the extracellular environment. Subsequent processing by the gamma-secretase complex results in the APP intracellular domain (AICD) and the beta-amyloid peptides. The latter A-beta fragments form the main components of amyloid plaques in patients with Alzheimer's disease (2). FE65 family members can regulate APP processing, resulting in elevated levels of A-beta (3). Double knock-out mice of FE65 and FE65L1 display a phenotype that occurs in animals lacking APP family members, supporting a functional interaction between FE65 and APP (4).
- Russo, T. et al. (1998) FEBS Lett 434, 1-7.
- Selkoe, D.J. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 18295-8.
- King, G.D. and Scott Turner, R. (2004) Exp Neurol 185, 208-19.
- Guénette, S. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 420-31.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3622 Presenilin 1 Antibody
- 2192 Presenilin 2 Antibody
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2454 β-Amyloid Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.