Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CASK Antibody #2878
|W||H M R||Endogenous||105||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CASK Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CASK protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminus of CASK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CASK is an adaptor protein with a calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase domain, an SH3 domain, a guanylate kinase homology domain (GUK), and a PDZ domain. CASK links transmembrane proteins to the cytoskeleton and signaling molecules. In particular, CASK binds to neurexin to stabilize pre- and post-synaptic structures (1). While most CASK protein (~80%) is cytoplasmic, a portion of the protein enters the nucleus, where it acts as a transcriptional coactivator (2). Transgenic mice with CASK insertional mutations die within 24 hours of birth (3).
- Hata, Y. et al. (1996) J Neurosci 16, 2488-94.
- Hsueh, Y.P. et al. (2000) Nature 404, 298-302.
- Laverty, H.G. and Wilson, J.B. (1998) Genomics 53, 29-41.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2877 FE65 Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 4781 Phospho-PKA C (Thr197) Antibody
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.