Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
LITAF Antibody #2879
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LITAF Antibody dectects endogenous levels of total human LITAF protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human LITAF protein. Antibodies were purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
LITAF (PIG7/SIMPLE) is protein that contributes to the regulation of the inflammatory cytokine TNF-α (1-3). LITAF was identified as a transcription factor involved in LPS-induced TNF-α expression through interaction with the TNF-α promoter (1,4). The same protein, called PIG7, was independently described in a model for p53 regulation (2). A putative alternative spiced form of LITAF, named SIMPLE, encodes a protein with a unique carboxyl terminus (3). Studies on LITAF-deficient mice demonstrate that LITAF plays a significant role in the regulation of several inflammatory cytokines in response to LPS (5). The regulation of LITAF can occur through phosphorylation by p38α via the TLR pathway that leads to its nuclear translocation (5). Mutation in the LITAF/SIMPLE gene has been associated with an autosomal dominant demyelinating form of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (6).
- Myokai, F. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 4518-4523.
- Zhu, J. et al. (1999) Oncogene 18, 2149-2155.
- Moriwaki, Y. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 23065-23076.
- Tang, X. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 4096-4101.
- Tang, X. et al. (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103, 13777-13782.
- Street, V.A. et al. (2003) Neurology 60, 22-26.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3707 TNF-α Antibody
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 4764 NF-κB p65 (C22B4) Rabbit mAb
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.