Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
ERC1 (P85) Antibody #2884
|W IP||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||130, 120||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ERC1 (P85) Antibody detects endogenous levels of ERC1 protein. Both α and β isoforms of ERC1 are detected.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of ERC1 protein. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
ERC1, an acronym named for previous protein names ELKS (1), RAB6IP2 (2) and CAST (3), is a RIM-binding protein that plays a role in neurotransmitter release and general membrane trafficking in other cell types (2-5). Interaction with the GTP-binding protein Rab6 suggests that it contributes to membrane traffic at the Golgi (2). In addition to its association with membrane trafficking, ERC1 has also been found as an essential part of the IκB kinase (IKK) complex required for the activation of NF-κB, perhaps by recruiting IκBα to the IKK complex (6). Alternative splicing of ERC1 generates 2 proteins with a divergent carboxy terminus, a long and a short form termed ERC1α and ERC1β, respectively. ERC1α is widely expressed, whereas ERC1β and a related family member ERC2 are expressed in the brain (4). Papillary thyroid carcinomas have been identified with the translocation t(10;12)(p11;p13) resulting in a fusion between ERC1 and the receptor tyrosine kinase Ret (1).
- Nakata, T. et al. (1999) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 25, 97-103.
- Monier, S. et al. (2002) Traffic 3, 289-97.
- Ohtsuka, T. et al. (2002) J Cell Biol 158, 577-90.
- Wang, Y. et al. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99, 14464-9.
- Ohara-Imaizumi, M. et al. (2005) Mol Biol Cell 16, 3289-300.
- Ducut Sigala, J.L. et al. (2004) Science 304, 1963-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2697 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2370 IKKβ (2C8) Rabbit mAb
- 2685 IKKγ Antibody
- 2695 IKKγ (DA10-12) Mouse mAb
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.