Product Pathways - Translational Control
ERp44 Antibody #2886
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||44||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ERp44 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ERp44 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human ERp44. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Secretory proteins translocate into the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) after their synthesis where they are post-translationally modified and properly folded. To reach their native conformation, many secretory proteins require the formation of intra- or inter-molecular disulfide bonds (1). This process is called oxidative protein folding. Disulfide isomerase (PDI) has two thioredoxin homology domains and catalyzes the formation and isomerization of these disulfide bonds (2). Other ER resident proteins that possess the thioredoxin homology domains, including endoplasmic reticulum resident protein 44 (ERp44), constitute the PDI family (2). ERp44 is induced upon ER stress and is linked to Ero1-Lα and Ero1-Lβ through mixed disulfide bonds (3). ERp44 was shown to mediate the ER localization of Ero1-Lα (4).
- Huppa, J.B. and Ploegh, H.L. (1998) Cell 92, 145-8.
- Ellgaard, L. and Ruddock, L.W. (2005) EMBO Rep 6, 28-32.
- Anelli, T. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 835-44.
- Anelli, T. et al. (2003) EMBO J 22, 5015-22.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2881 ERp57 (G117) Antibody
- 2887 ERp57 (A484) Antibody
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 2104 Grp94 Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 2446 PDI Antibody
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.