Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
VEGF Receptor 1 Antibody #2893
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
VEGF Receptor 1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of VEGFR-1. This antibody does not cross-react with VEGFR-2 and -3 nor does it detect the sVEGFR-1 variant.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr1307 of human VEGFR-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor (VEGFR-1, Flt-1) is a 180 kDa receptor tyrosine kinase belonging to the VEGFR (Flt) family (1-3). The receptor is comprised of seven extracellular Ig-like domains, a single transmembrane region and cytoplasmic tail containing the active kinase domain (1,2). VEGFR-1 plays an important role in endothelial cell function and normal vascular development, as well as in hematopoietic function (2,3). VEGF-A is a high affinity ligand of VEGFR-1. VEGFR-1 also binds VEGF-B and PLGF (2). Ligand binding results in very little VEGFR-1 kinase activation, and VEGFR-1/VEGF-A binding negatively regulates VEGF function by diverting the growth factor from other functional VEGF receptors (3).
Two forms of the VEGF receptor 1 are found in cells. Both the membrane-bound form described above and a soluble isoform of VEGFR-1 (sVEGFR-1 or sFlt-1) bind the VEGF ligand with high affinity (4). Full-length VEGFR-1 and the truncated, soluble protein are encoded by the same gene and are generated through differential splicing. Both proteins are associated with an array of human disorders and are potential candidates for therapeutic study (5).
- Ferrara, N. et al. (2003) Nat Med 9, 669-76.
- Clauss, M. (2000) Semin Thromb Hemost 26, 561-9.
- Claesson-Welsh, L. (2003) Biochem Soc Trans 31, 20-4.
- Kendall, R.L. et al. (1996) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 226, 324-8.
- Shibuya, M. (2006) Angiogenesis 9, 225-30; discussion 231.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3770 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (D5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 2478 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (19A10) Rabbit mAb
- 2479 VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb
- 3817 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1059) (D5A6) Rabbit mAb
- 4991 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (15D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2477 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2471 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) Antibody
- 2472 VEGF Receptor 2 Antibody
- 2474 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr996) Antibody
- 2476 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (7H11) Mouse mAb
- 2638 VEGF Receptor 3 (C28G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2485 VEGF Receptor 3 Antibody
- 2463 VEGF-B Antibody
- 2445 VEGF-C Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.