Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
FGF Receptor 4 Antibody #2894
|2894S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2894||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
FGF Receptor 4 Antibody detects endogenous levels of FGF receptor 4 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other related proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe794 of human FGF receptor 4. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) produce mitogenic and angiogenic effects in target cells by signaling through cell surface receptor tyrosine kinases. There are four members of the FGF receptor family: FGFR1 (flg), FGFR2 (bek, KGFR), FGFR3, and FGFR4. Each receptor contains an extracellular ligand binding domain, a transmembrane domain, and a cytoplasmic kinase domain (1). Following ligand binding and dimerization, the receptors are phosphorylated at specific tyrosine residues (2). Seven tyrosine residues in the cytoplasmic tail of FGFR1 can be phosphorylated: Tyr463, 583, 585, 653, 654, 730, and 766. Tyr653 and Tyr654 are important for catalytic activity of activated FGFR and are essential for signaling (3). The other phosphorylated tyrosine residues may provide docking sites for downstream signaling components such as Crk and PLCγ (4,5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3472 FGF Receptor 1 Antibody
- 4574 FGF Receptor 3 (C51F2) Rabbit mAb
- 3476 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) (55H2) Mouse mAb
- 3471 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) Antibody
- 3861 Phospho-FRS2-α (Tyr436) Antibody
- 3864 Phospho-FRS2-α (Tyr196) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.