Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
p18 INK4C (DCS118) Mouse mAb #2896
|W IP||H||Endogenous||18||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
The p18 INK4C (DCS118) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of p18 INK4C protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other proteins of the INK4 family.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with purified recombinant human p18 INK4C protein.
Cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs) are activated in part by forming complexes with cyclins. For example, CDK4 and CDK6 associate with the D-type cyclins and phosphorylate the retinoblastoma protein. This phosphorylation is a necessary event for cells to enter S-phase (1). The inhibitors of CDK4 (INK4) family include p15 INK4B, p16 INK4A, p18 INK4C and p19 INK4D. p18 has been shown to function as a haploinsufficient tumor suppressor in vivo (2). All INK4 proteins are composed of 32 amino acid ankyrin motifs and selectively inhibit CDK4/6 activity. Mutational analyses of p18 implicate the third and the amino-terminal portion of the fourth ankyrin repeat in mediating binding to CDK4/6 (3). The interaction of INK4 family members can be a binary complex with CDK4/6 or ternary complex with cyclin D-bound CDK4/6 and ultimately results in the inhibition of cell cycle progression (4,5).
- Lukas, J. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 6917-6925.
- Bai, F. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell. Biol. 23, 1269-1277.
- Noh, S.J. et al. (1999) Cancer Res. 59, 558-564.
- Guan, K.L. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 2939-2952.
- Hirai, H. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 2672-2681.
- Bartkova, J. et al. (2000) Cell cycle regulators in testicular cancer: loss of p18 INK4C marks progression from carcinoma in situ to invasive germ cell tumours. Int. J. Cancer 85 (3), 370-375. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2906 CDK4 (DCS156) Mouse mAb
- 3136 CDK6 (DCS83) Mouse mAb
- 2926 Cyclin D1 (DCS6) Mouse mAb
- 2936 Cyclin D3 (DCS22) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.