Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CDK4 (DCS156) Mouse mAb #2906
|W||H M||Endogenous||30||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CDK4 (DCS156) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total CDK4 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other CDKs.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human CDK4 corresponding to amino acids 270-290.
Cyclin-dependent kinase activity is regulated by T-loop phosphorylation (Thr172 in the case of CDK4), by the abundance of their cyclin partners, and by association with CDK inhibitors of the Cip/Kip or INK family of proteins (1). The inactive ternary complex of CDK4/cyclin D and p27 Kip1/Cip1 requires extracellular mitogenic stimuli for the release and degradation of p27, which affects progression through the restriction point and pRb-dependent entry into S-phase (2). The active complex of CDK4/cyclin D targets the retinoblastoma protein for phosphorylation, allowing the release of E2F transcription factors that activate G1/S-phase gene expression (3). In HeLa cells, upon UV irradiation, upregulation of p16 INK4A association with CDK4/cyclin D3 leads to a G2 delay, implicating CDK4/cyclin D3 activity in progression through the G2-phase of the cell cycle (4).
- Hirai, H. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 2672-2681.
- Sherr, C.J. (1996) Science 274, 1672-1677.
- Lukas, J. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 6917-6925.
- Gabrielli, B.G. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 13961-9.
- Lukas, C. et al. (1999) Immunochemical analysis of the D-type cyclin-dependent kinases cdk4 and cdk6, using a series of monoclonal antibodies. Hybridoma 18 (3), 225-234. Applications: IC-IF IHC-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
- Adon, A.M. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Biol 30, 694-710. Applications: Western Blotting
- Chang, S.F. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 3927-32. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2936 Cyclin D3 (DCS22) Mouse mAb
- 2926 Cyclin D1 (DCS6) Mouse mAb
- 2552 p27 Kip1 Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.