Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CDK7 (MO1) Mouse mAb #2916
|W IP IHC-P||H R||Endogenous||40||Mouse IgG2b|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CDK7 (MO1) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total CDK7 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other CDKs.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human CDK7.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-N-MC and C6 cells, using CDK7 (MO1) Mouse mAb.
CDK-activating kinase (CAK) is a complex of CDK7 and cyclin H. The complex is involved in cell cycle regulation by phosphorylating an activating residue in the T-loop domain of cdks (1). Regulation of CAK activity is mediated by T-loop phosphorylation and by association with MAT1, both of which enhance its kinase activity toward the CTD of RNA polymerase II (2,3) and other substrates such as p53 (4). CAK is an essential component of the transcription complex TFIIH and may interact directly with TFIIH helicases (5).
- Fisher, R.P. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 713-724.
- Larochelle, S. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 16, 3749-3759.
- Yankulov, K.Y. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 1638-1646.
- Ko, L.J. et al. (1997) Mol. Cell. Biol. 17, 7220-7229.
- Rossignol, M. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 1628-1637.
- Bartkova, J. et al. (1996) Expression of cdk7/CAK in normal and tumour cells of diverse histogenesis, cell-cycle position and differentiation. Int. J. Cancer 66, 732-737. Applications: IC-IF Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.