Product Pathways - Adhesion
GIT-1 Antibody #2919
|W IP||H M R Hm Mk B||Endogenous||95||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GIT-1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total GIT-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human GIT-1. Antibodies are purified using peptide affinity chromatography.
G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) kinase interacting proteins 1 and 2 (GIT-1 and GIT-2) are highly conserved, ubiquitous scaffold proteins involved in localized signaling to help regulate focal contact assembly and cytoskeletal dynamics. GIT proteins contain multiple interaction domains that allow interaction with small GTPases (including ARF, Rac and cdc42), kinases (such as PAK and MEK), the Rho family GEF PIX, and the focal adhesion protein paxillin (reviewed in 1). GIT-1 is localized to focal adhesions, cytoplasmic complexes and membrane protrusions, and regulates cell protrusion formation and cell migration (2). GIT-1 has also been implicated in neuronal functions including synapse formation (3) and the pathology of Huntington disease (4). Huntington disease is a genetic neurodegenerative condition involving a mutation in the huntington gene. The huntington gene product (htt) is ubiquitinated and degraded in human Huntington disease brains (5). Htt interacts directly with GIT-1 causing enhanced htt proteolysis, indicating that GIT-1 distribution and function may contribute to Huntington disease pathology (4).
- Hoefen, R.J. and Berk, B.C. (2006) J. Cell Sci. 119, 1469-1475.
- Manabe, R. et al. (2002) J. Cell Sci. 115, 1497-1510.
- Zhang, H. et al. (2003) J. Cell Biol. 161, 131-142.
- Goehler, H. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell 15, 853-865.
- Mende-Mueller, L.M. et al. (2001) J. Neurosci. 21, 1830-1837.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2466 Cdc42 (11A11) Rabbit mAb
- 4515 Cool1/βPix Antibody
- 2541 Phospho-Paxillin (Tyr118) Antibody
- 2542 Paxillin Antibody
- 2461 Phospho-Rac1/cdc42 (Ser71) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.