Product Pathways - Adhesion
EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb #2929
|2929S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2929||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total EpCAM protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with NCI-H69 small cell lung carcinoma cells.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-29 and HCT-15 cells using EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon using EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of unpermeabilized HT-29 cells using EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Epithelial cell adhesion and activating molecule (EpCAM/CD326) is a transmembrane glycoprotein that mediates Ca2+-independent, homophilic adhesions on the basolateral surface of most epithelial cells. EpCAM is not expressed in adult squamous epithelium, but it is highly expressed in adeno and squamous cell carcinomas (1). Research studies identified EpCAM as one of the first tumor-associated antigens, and it has long been a marker of epithelial and tumor tissue. Investigators have shown that EpCAM is highly expressed in cancer cells (reviewed in 2,3).
- Luk, J.M. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 30706-13. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8995 EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb (PE Conjugate)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.