Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bim (C34C5) Rabbit mAb #2933
|2933S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2933P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2933||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||12, 15, 23||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey, Bovine, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bim (C34C5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Bim (EL, L and S isoforms) protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro25 of Bim.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Raji, A20 and RL-7 cells using Bim (C34C5) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-) or SignalSilence® Bim siRNA I #6461 or SignalSilence® Bim siRNA II (+), using Bim (C34C5) Rabbit mAb #2933 and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. Bim (C34C5) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of Bim expression and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of Bim siRNA.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Bim (C34C5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymphoma using Bim (C34C5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Bim (C34C5) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen specific peptide (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of Raji cells using Bim (C34C5) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Bim/Bod is a pro-apoptotic protein belonging to the BH3-only group of Bcl-2 family members including Bad, Bid, Bik, Hrk, and Noxa that contain a BH3 domain but lack other conserved BH1 or BH2 domains (1,2). Bim induces apoptosis by binding to and antagonizing anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family. Interactions have been observed with Bcl-2, Bcl-xL, Mcl-1, Bcl-w, Bfl-1, and BHRF-1 (1,2). Bim functions in regulating apoptosis associated with thymocyte negative selection and following growth factor withdrawal, during which Bim expression is elevated (3-6). Three major isoforms of Bim are generated by alternative splicing: BimEL, BimL, and BimS (1). The shortest form, BimS, is the most cytotoxic and is generally only transiently expressed during apoptosis. The BimEL and BimL isoforms may be sequestered to the dynein motor complex through an interaction with the dynein light chain and released from this complex during apoptosis (7). Apoptotic activity of these longer isoforms may be regulated by phosphorylation (8,9). Environmental stress triggers Bim phosphorylation by JNK and results in its dissociation from the dynein complex and increased apoptotic activity.
- O'Connor, L. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 384-95.
- Hsu, S.Y. et al. (1998) Mol Endocrinol 12, 1432-40.
- Bouillet, P. et al. (2002) Nature 415, 922-6.
- Whitfield, J. et al. (2001) Neuron 29, 629-43.
- Dijkers, P.F. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 1201-4.
- Ley, R. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 18811-6.
- Puthalakath, H. et al. (1999) Mol Cell 3, 287-96.
- Lei, K. and Davis, R.J. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 2432-7.
- Putcha, G.V. et al. (2003) Neuron 38, 899-914.
- Faber, A. et al. (2011) Cancer Discov 1, 352-365. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Pritchard, J.R. et al. (2011) Cancer Res 71, 5850-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
- May, K.L. et al. (2010) Infect Immun 78, 4691-6. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4581 Phospho-Bim (Ser69) Antibody
- 2819 Bim Antibody
- 6461 SignalSilence® Bim siRNA I
- 6518 SignalSilence® Bim siRNA II
- 2870 Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb
- 9941 Pro-Survival Bcl-2 Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9942 Pro-Apoptosis Bcl-2 Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
MitoTracker® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.