Product Pathways - Apoptosis
TP/ECGF1 Antibody #2937
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TP/ECGF1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of human TP/ECGF1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding residues surrounding Gln370 of human TP/ECGF1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells transfected with human ECGF1 using TP/ECGF1 Antibody.
Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) is a platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor (PD-ECGF) that catalyzes the formation of thymine and 2-deoxy-D-ribose-1-phosphate from thymidine and orthophosphate (1). This intracellular enzyme is capable of both promoting angiogenesis and inhibiting apoptosis. Thymidine phosphorylase catalytic activity is required for its angiogenic function (2,3). Increased expression of TP/PD-ECGF is seen in a wide variety of different solid tumors and inflammatory diseases and is often associated with poor prognosis (4,5). Alternatively, TP can activate fluorouracil derivative (DFUR) prodrugs and increase the antitumor activity of the related treatment (1,5). The use of thymidine phosphorylase as a cancer therapeutic target has been studied extensively, with emphasis on either inhibiting TP enzymatic activity or increasing enzyme induction with concomitant DFUR treatment (1,5).
- Rooseboom, M. et al. (2004) Pharmacol Rev 56, 53-102.
- Moghaddam, A. and Bicknell, R. (1992) Biochemistry 31, 12141-6.
- Furukawa, T. et al. (1992) Nature 356, 668.
- Toi, M. et al. (2005) Lancet Oncol 6, 158-66.
- Liekens, S. et al. (2007) Biochem Pharmacol 74, 1555-67.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.