Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Angiopoietin-2 Antibody #2948
|2948S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2948||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Angiopoietin-2 Antibody detects transfected levels of mouse angiopoietin-2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys275 of mouse angiopoietin-2. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Angiopoietins are a family of Tie receptor ligands. There are four angiopoietins discovered so far: angiopoietins 1, 2, 3 and 4 (Ang1, 2, 3, and 4) (1-3). Ang1 binds to the Tie-2 receptor and leads to its autophosphorylation and subsequent activation of downstream signaling pathways. It plays an important role in blood vessel formation, maturation and subsequent stabilization (1,4,5). Ang2 is an endothelium-specific growth factor that functions as an antagonist to Ang1, promotes vascular associated proinflammatory function, destabilizes quiescent endothelium, leads to vascular leakage and vascular destablization and remodeling (2,6,7). Ang2 is selectively expressed in many tumor tissues where, combined with other growth factors such as VEGF, it can promote vascular remodeling, angiogenesis and inflammation (7-9).
- Davis, S. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 1161-9.
- Maisonpierre, P.C. et al. (1997) Science 277, 55-60.
- Valenzuela, D.M. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 1904-9.
- Suri, C. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 1171-80.
- Thurston, G. et al. (1999) Science 286, 2511-4.
- Gale, N.W. et al. (2002) Dev Cell 3, 411-23.
- Fiedler, U. et al. (2006) Nat Med 12, 235-9.
- Tait, C.R. and Jones, P.F. (2004) J Pathol 204, 1-10.
- Tsutsui, S. et al. (2006) Breast Cancer Res Treat 98, 261-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.