Product Pathways - Development
β-Catenin Antibody Sampler Kit #2951
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb #8480||40 µl||W IP IHC-P IHC-F IF-F IF-IC F ChIP||H M R Mk (Z) (B) (Pg) (GP) (Hr)||92||Rabbit IgG|
|Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody #9561||40 µl||W||H M R Mk (C) (X) (Z) (B) (Dg) (Pg)||92||Rabbit|
|Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody #9565||40 µl||W||H M Mk (Dg) (Pg)||92||Rabbit|
|Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) (D8E11) Rabbit mAb #5651||40 µl||W IP||H (M) (R) (X) (Z)||92||Rabbit IgG|
|Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) (D2F1) XP® Rabbit mAb #4176||40 µl||W IP IF-F IF-IC||H (M) (R) (C) (X) (Z)||92||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey C=Chicken X=Xenopus Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig GP=Guinea Pig Hr=Horse
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in this kit recognizes only its specific target and does not cross-react with other family members.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, pretreated with 20 mM LiCl for 30 minutes and then with 50 nM calyculin A, using Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody #9561.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells pretreated with 20 mM LiCl for 30 minutes and then with 50 nM calyculin A, using Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody #9565.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MKN-45 and SK-N-MC cells, untreated or treated with λ phosphatase for 1 hour or forskolin (FSK) for 30 minutes, using Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) (D2F1) XP® Rabbit mAb #4176(upper) or β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb #9582 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-N-MC and NTERA-2 cells, untreated or λ phosphatase-treated, using Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) (D8E11) Rabbit mAb #5651 (upper) or β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb #9582 (lower).
The β-Catenin Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means of detecting total β-catenin as well as β-catenin phosphorlylated at various residues. The kit contains enough primary and secondary antibody to perform four Western blots with each antibody.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser33, Ser37 and Thr41 of human β-catenin or residues surrounding Thr41 and Ser45 of human β-catenin. Polyclonal antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography. Monoclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro714 of human β-catenin protein, a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser552 of human β-catenin protein, or a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser675 of human β-catenin.
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
Both Akt and PKA were shown to phosphorylate β-catenin at Ser552 and Ser675. Phosphorylation at Ser552 and Ser675 induces β-catenin accumulation in the nucleus and increases its transcriptional activity (9-12).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1066-1076.
- Lin, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-847.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 1733-1742.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1443-1454.
- Morin, P.J. (1997) Science 275, 1787-1790.
- Taurin, S. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 9971-9976.
- Fang, D. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282, 11221-11229.
- He, X.C. et al. (2007) Nat. Genet. 39, 189-198.
- Hino, S. et al. (2005) Mol. Cell Biol. 25, 9063-9072.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1002 β-Catenin Blocking Peptide
- 2677 β-Catenin (L54E2) Mouse mAb (IF Preferred)
- 2698 β-Catenin (L87A12) Mouse mAb
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9534 Acetyl-β-Catenin (Lys49) Antibody
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.