Product Pathways - Companion Products
GFP (4B10) Mouse mAb #2955
|W IHC-P F||All||Transfected Only||27||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GFP (4B10) Mouse mAb detects GFP, YFP, and CFP-tagged proteins exogenously expressed in cells. This antibody does not detect RFP-tagged proteins. Please note that the GFP, YFP, and CFP tags add approximately 27 kDa to the molecular weight of the fusion protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full-length recombinant GFP.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HCC827 cells, untransfected or transfected with GFP, using GFP (4B10) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded HCC827 cells, untransfected (left) or transfected with GFP (right) using GFP (4B10) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HCC827 cells, untransfected (blue) or transfected with GFP (green), using GFP (4B10) Mouse mAb.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
The green-fluorescent protein (GFP) functions as a bioluminescence energy transfer acceptor in the jellyfish Aequorea that maximally absorbs light at 395 nm and has an emission spectrum that peaks at 509 nm. GFP has become a very useful tool as a fusion protein that reports gene expression, traces cell lineages and defines subcellular protein localizations (1).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2956 GFP (D5.1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2372 β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2276 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.