Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Erlin-1 Antibody #2958
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Erlin-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total human erlin-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly320 of human erlin-1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Erlin-1 and erlin-2 (SPFH1 and SPFH2) are SPFH domain-containing proteins that belong to the prohibitin family (1,2). The N-termal domain of erlin proteins contains ER-targeting sequences responsible for their translocation to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) (3). In the ER, erlin-1 and erlin-2 specifically associate with the detergent resistant lipid raft microdomain of the membrane (3). Erlin-1 may be involved in dentritic cell activation (4) and erlin-2 has been shown to regulate the ER-associated degradation (ERAD) pathway by interacting with endogenous substrates and resulting in their polyubiquitination and degradation (5).
- Browman, D.T. et al. (2007) Trends Cell Biol 17, 394-402.
- Morrow, I.C. and Parton, R.G. (2005) Traffic 6, 725-40.
- Browman, D.T. et al. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 3149-60.
- Li, N. et al. (2000) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 279, 487-93.
- Pearce, M.M. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 20104-15.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2959 Erlin-2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.