Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
NOS (pan) Antibody #2977
|W||H M||Endogenous||130, 140, 160||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NOS (pan) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total eNOS, iNOS and nNOS protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Ser1000 of human iNOS. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) catalyses the formation of nitric oxide (NO) and citruline from L-arginine, oxygen and cofactors. Three family members have been characterized: neuronal NOS (nNOS), which is found primarily in neuronal tissue; inducible NOS (iNOS), which is induced by interferon gamma and lipopolysaccharides in the kidney and cardiovascular system; and endothelial NOS (eNOS), which is expressed in blood vessels (1). NO is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body including the maintenance of vascular integrity, homeostasis, synaptic plasticity, long-term potentiation, learning, and memory (2,3).
- Tsutsui, M. (2004) J Atheroscler Thromb 11, 41-48.
- Son, H. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 1015-10123.
- Hawkins, R.D. (1996) Neuron 16, 465-467.
- Tsukamoto, K. et al. (2008) J Immunol 180, 2054-61. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2982 iNOS Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9575 Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody
- 9574 Phospho-eNOS (Thr495) Antibody
- 9570 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) (C9C3) Rabbit mAb
- 9586 eNOS (49G3) Rabbit mAb
- 4234 nNOS Antibody
- 4842 Cox2 Antibody
- 3159 IFN-γ (3F1E3) Mouse mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.