Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-(Ser) Arg-X-Tyr/Phe-X-pSer Motif Antibody #2981
|W IP E-P||All||Endogenous||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-(Ser) Arg-X-Tyr/Phe-X-pSer Motif Antibody detects endogenous levels of proteins containing the Arg-X-Tyr/Phe-X-pSer motif. This antibody does not cross-react with nonphosphorylated serine or phospho-threonine proteins with the same motif or other phospho-serine/threonine-containing proteins and peptides without this motif. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with Arg-X-Tyr/Phe-X-pSer-containing peptides . Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The 14-3-3 proteins are a highly conserved family of proteins involved in the regulation of cell survival, apoptosis, proliferation and checkpoint control (1-5). Binding of 14-3-3 is mediated through phospho-serine-containing proteins (6). Two different phospho-serine containing motifs are found using a degenerate phospho-serine-oriented peptide library technique, RSXS*XP and RXY/FXS*XP (6). Motif 2 (RXY/FXS*XP) is found in critical regulatory proteins including cdc25A, cdc25B, PKCgamma, IRS-1 and BCR (6). Although Phospho-(Ser) Arg-X-Tyr/Phe-X-pSer Motif Antibody binds 14-3-3 binding motif 2 with no requirement for proline in the +2 position, it provides a powerful tool for the discovery and characterization of potential 14-3-3 binding motif 2-containing proteins or other proteins with the RXY/FXS* motif.
- Aitken, A. (1995) Trends Biochem Sci 20, 95-7.
- Zha, J. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 619-28.
- Piwnica-Worms, H. (1999) Nature 401, 535, 537.
- Tzivion, G. et al. (1998) Nature 394, 88-92.
- Xing, H. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 349-58.
- Yaffe, M.B. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 961-71.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9601 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody
- 9606 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif (4E2) Mouse mAb
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 2321 Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb
- 2851 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate Antibody
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 9631 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Phe Antibody
- 9920 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
License/Use Restrictions: Use of CST Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patent No.'s 7,198,896 & 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at email@example.com.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.