Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
iNOS Antibody (Mouse Specific) #2982
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
iNOS Antibody (Mouse Specific) detects endogenous levels of total iNOS protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide sourrounding Ala1130 of mouse iNOS. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Raw264.7 cells, untreated or LPS-treated (1 μg/ml for 6 h), using iNOS Antibody (Mouse Specific).
Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) catalyses the formation of nitric oxide (NO) and citruline from L-arginine, oxygen and cofactors. Three family members have been characterized: neuronal NOS (nNOS), which is found primarily in neuronal tissue; inducible NOS (iNOS), which is induced by interferon gamma and lipopolysaccharides in the kidney and cardiovascular system; and endothelial NOS (eNOS), which is expressed in blood vessels (1). NO is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body including the maintenance of vascular integrity, homeostasis, synaptic plasticity, long-term potentiation, learning, and memory (2,3).
Nitric oxide catalyzed by iNOS is involved in host defense against protozoa, bacteria, fungi and viruses. Unlike constitutively expressed eNOS and nNos, iNOS is not usually expressed in quiescent cells. iNOS is transcriptionally induced in response to bacterial endotoxins such as LPS and proinflammatory cytokines in macrophages and various other cell types. Transcription factors involved in iNOS transcription include NF-κB, AP-1 and STAT. Different signaling pathways either promote (Jak1/2, PKC, c-Raf, p38 MAP kinase and p44/42 MAP kinase) or inhibit (PI3 kinase) iNOS expression depending on stimulus and cell type (4).
- Tsutsui, M. (2004) J Atheroscler Thromb 11, 41-48.
- Son, H. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 1015-10123.
- Hawkins, R.D. (1996) Neuron 16, 465-467.
- Bogdan, C. (2001) Nat Immunol 2, 907-16.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2977 NOS (pan) Antibody
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9575 Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody
- 9574 Phospho-eNOS (Thr495) Antibody
- 9570 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) (C9C3) Rabbit mAb
- 9586 eNOS (49G3) Rabbit mAb
- 4234 nNOS Antibody
- 4842 Cox2 Antibody
- 3159 IFN-γ (3F1E3) Mouse mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.