Product Pathways - Translational Control
mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb #2983
|W IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R Mk (Hr)||Endogenous||289||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total mTOR protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser2481 of human mTOR.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293, A431, COS, C6, and C2C12 cells, using mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-) or SignalSilence® mTOR siRNA II (+), using mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb #2983 and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of mTOR expression, while the α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of mTOR siRNA.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic localization using mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or mTOR Blocking Peptide #1072 (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of 293 cells using mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mouse embryonic fibroblast (MEF) cells using mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR, FRAP, RAFT) is a Ser/Thr protein kinase (1-3) that functions as an ATP and amino acid sensor to balance nutrient availability and cell growth (4,5). When sufficient nutrients are available, mTOR responds to a phosphatidic acid-mediated signal to transmit a positive signal to p70 S6 kinase and participate in the inactivation of the eIF4E inhibitor, 4E-BP1 (6). These events result in the translation of specific mRNA subpopulations. mTOR is phosphorylated at Ser2448 via the PI3 kinase/Akt signaling pathway and autophosphorylated at Ser2481 (7,8). mTOR plays a key role in cell growth and homeostasis and may be abnormally regulated in tumors. For these reasons, mTOR is currently under investigation as a potential target for anti-cancer therapy (9).
- Sabers, C.J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 815-22.
- Brown, E.J. et al. (1994) Nature 369, 756-8.
- Sabatini, D.M. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 35-43.
- Gingras, A.C. et al. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 807-26.
- Dennis, P.B. et al. (2001) Science 294, 1102-5.
- Fang, Y. et al. (2001) Science 294, 1942-5.
- Navé, B.T. et al. (1999) Biochem J 344 Pt 2, 427-31.
- Peterson, R.T. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 7416-23.
- Huang, S. and Houghton, P.J. (2003) Curr Opin Pharmacol 3, 371-7.
- Cao, R. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Neurosci 38, 312-24. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
- Guertin, D.A. et al. (2009) Cancer Cell 15, 148-159. Applications: Western Blotting
- Roczniak-Ferguson, A. et al. (2012) Sci Signal 5, ra42. Applications: Western Blotting
- Roczniak-Ferguson, A. et al. (2012) Sci Signal 5, ra42. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells)
- Doberstein, K. et al. (2011) Carcinogenesis 32, 1713-23. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5536 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 4517 mTOR (L27D4) Mouse mAb
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 2976 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (49F9) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 1072 mTOR Blocking Peptide
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 3274 GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2691 PRAS40 (D23C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.