Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Lck (D88) XP® Rabbit mAb #2984
|2984S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2984P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2984||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Lck (D88) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Lck protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other Src family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr50 of human Lck.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Ramos and Jurkat cells using LcK (D88) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Lck (D88) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymphoma using Lck (D88) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Colo205 (positive) (left) and HeLa (negative) (right) cell pellets using Lck (D88) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Lck belongs to the Src-like non-receptor tyrosine kinase family with the typical Src family kinase structure: a unique amino terminal domain (Src homology 4 domain, SH4) followed by an SH3 domain, an SH2 domain, a kinase domain (SH1), and a carboxy-terminal negative regulatory domain (1). Lck activity is controlled by the interactions of SH2 and SH3 domains as well as tyrosine phosphorylation status of the activation loop (2,3). Lck is recruited to the T cell receptor (TCR) complex upon stimulation and activates downstream tyrosine kinases to initiate T cell signaling (4). Lck is also found to be involved in the regulation of mitochondrial apoptosis pathways and may be responsible for some anticancer drug induced apoptosis (5,6).
- Palacios, E.H. and Weiss, A. (2004) Oncogene 23, 7990-8000.
- Mustelin, T. and Taskén, K. (2003) Biochem J 371, 15-27.
- Gervais, F.G. et al. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 7112-21.
- Straus, D.B. and Weiss, A. (1992) Cell 70, 585-93.
- Belka, C. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 176-85.
- Gruber, C. et al. (2004) Biochem Pharmacol 67, 1859-72.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2714 Lck (V49) Antibody
- 2752 Lck Antibody
- 2787 Lck (73A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2657 Lck (L22B1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.