Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CNPase Antibody #2986
|2986S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2986||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||47||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
CNPase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CNPase protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human CNPase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CNPase (2', 3’-cyclic nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase) catalyzes the in vitro hydrolysis of 2’, 3’-cyclic nucleotides to produce 2’-nucleotides. The in vivo molecular function and native substrate of this nucleotide phosphodiesterase remains under investigation (1). High CNPase expression is seen in oligodendrocytes and Schwann cells as CNPase accounts for roughly 4% of the total myelin protein in the central nervous system (2). CNPase binds to tubulin heterodimers and plays a role in tubulin polymerization, and oligodendrocyte process outgrowth (3). Typical myelination is seen in CNPase knock-out mice, but they suffer severe neurodegeneration from axonal loss and oligodendrocytes display abnormal paranodal loop structure prior to axonal degeneration. Paranodal loops typically contact the axolemma in axon-glial signaling; neurodegeneration in CNPase knock-out mice is a secondary consequence of impaired cell-cell communication (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2301 Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr75) Antibody
- 2306 DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb
- 4604 Doublecortin Antibody
- 3670 GFAP (GA5) Mouse mAb
- 4542 MAP2 Antibody
- 2154 Musashi Antibody
- 2835 Neurofilament-L (DA2) Mouse mAb
- 2836 Neurofilament-H (RMdO 20) Mouse mAb
- 2838 Neurofilament-M (RMO 14.9) Mouse mAb
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 2507 PSD95 Antibody
- 3877 Phospho-Vimentin (Ser56) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.